Thursday, October 23, 2008

Big news!


So today we choose to live our faith out loud. Today we choose to trust God. Today we sent in our adoption application. We have felt the gentle nudge of God for sometime now and today we are obedient to His calling. God has placed it on our hearts to adopt a baby from Ethiopia.

So starting today my blog will have a purpose, a direction, a new focus if you will. I hope you will follow along this faith walk with us. Trust will come into play a great deal I am sure. Feel free to remind me of this post in the months to come.

I trust that God has a plan. I trust that God will provide all that we need for His will to be done. God will provide. I am not going to let myself get stuck on the details of how and when, but rather I am going to watch in great awe of God and His mighty power.

12 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I had no idea you were interested in adopting. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Rochelle said...

finally got kyle to relent huh? ha ha. I am so happy for your family, what a wonderful nudge to feel and obey. Congrats!

Jayna said...

I think what you guys are doing is awesome, some child's life just got a whole lot better.

Anonymous said...

God is good!!! I am so excited to walk alongside you on this journey. To see how God works in and through your lives. This child is already loved and prayed for, and we can't wait to met the newest Ramsay.

His.Beloved. said...

I have been praying for this decision, and for you and kyle both. and i am so glad you guys choose to do this...it made me cry, to know that you are obedient to his will Randa. I am praying that whatever is supposed to happen, will take place. Love you

Bree said...

Well I have said it to you, but I want to leave it here as well..I am very excited for you guys and think this is awesome! I am proud of you for following your heart and trusting your faith. God does have a plan and I am so happy to be part of this journey with you guys..I can't wait to see what is in store for you! and like Melissa said, this little one is being prayed for and is loved already by all of us! :)

Teresa said...

All i have to say is awesome! :) I am so pumped and already super excited for this sweet little one that will be entrusted in your care! :) I can't even begin to imagine how full your heart must be right now, as you anxiously await this addition to your family! Congrats!!!

Cloves said...

Good luck with the adoption.

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh.. how wonderful!!! I wish you the very best.. God is an AWESOME GOD!! that is for sure!!

Char said...

What a wonderful thing! Just think that God already knows the child that He has planned to join your family!

Creative Junkie said...

omgosh, that's so exciting! I wish you the best of luck on this path!

Amber said...

That is amazing. I am so excited ou have decided to take this journey. If you need help along the way, let me know. What agency are you using?