Thursday, May 7, 2009

Making time for RnR...


Why is it time for some RnR you ask? Well i'm recovering from a surgery that went extremely well and I'm so glad I had it done. Its been a long time coming and I am going to be even better than before once i'm all recovered. I'm actually excited for that. I didn't realize the recovery would be so hard...doc said i'd be tired, but I was planning on being the exception to that "rule". Uh, nope. I tire soooo easily, its nuts. Not being able to drive and get out of the house is hard. I'm going a little stir crazy. I did find this poem that made me laugh, so I thought i'd share...
You did your job 
Through puberty
Through childbirth 
And recovery

You held my babies
Safe and sound
And stretched yourself
All big and round

But now my friend
Your job is through
I find myself not 
Needing you 

Don’t need the pain
The aching back
The periods that are
Out of whack

And so my friend
Its time you know
You and your fibroids
Have to go 

The doctor is going to 
Put me to sleep 
And you’re one of the parts
I just can’t keep

Goodbye, old friend
You served me well
Before you started to
Ache and swell

I’ll remember you 
On the anniversary
Of the day I had
My hysterectomy

I’ll brush a tear
From my cheek
As I remember the days
When you didn’t leak

And as I live a 
Pain-free life
I’ll toast the doctor
And his knife! 

by JudeD

6 comments:

Bree said...

OH my goodness! I love that poem!!! hilarious!!!!!! keep taking it easy!

Char said...

That is too funny! Love the poem!!

Heidi said...

I had no idea you were doing this. Are you ok? Take it easy. You're in my prayers.

Robin said...

Here, here! I can totally relate! I salute you every January! haha Great poem! You are recovering great, if you'd just give yourself a break! (Hey that was a mini poem..haha) This is your lesson in learning patience and relaxation! You will be back to the bussle soon enough. :-)

Teresa said...

HAHAHA!!! That is a funny poem! :) Hope you are feeling better each and every day! :)

Rochelle said...

that was too funny. hope that you are enjoying your RnR....keep resting and hopefully you will be up and running in no time.