Monday, November 10, 2008

Fall leaves!

I got the kids to go out and do some raking of the leaves today. I think they goofed around more than actually raked. Once Garret turned the leaf blower onto the girls, pretty much all work came to a halt. But since all the leaves are not out of the trees and the yard will likely look much the same in the morning, I am not going to be to worried about missed leaves. Kyle will be thrilled to see the big pile in the middle of the grass for him to pick up. *note sarcasm*. As the kids started getting hungry they started begging to be done and I said when the side walk was clear they could come in for lunch. So I hear Brynlee saying "lets just push the leaves in the street." Then Garret says, "I don't want neighbors to think we are lazy Bryn!" To which Bryn comes running into the house whining/tattling, "Moooooommm Garret says I'm laaaazzzy!" Why are they out of school today?

At least the sidewalk is clear-ish.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Haha, so cute!

Teresa said...

Good for Garrett! He is showing is older, more mature brother side! I personally relate with Bryn a little more then Garrett, but we all know who was right :) HAHA

By the way, that picture with the girls hair blowing from the blower is super cute :) Good times! :)

Rochelle said...

That is a great story! Plus it was bonus for photo opportunities!! !ha ha Great shot of the girls with their hair blowing in the "wind"

Laura said...

Ahhhhh....the joys of teaching your children the value of "work". :-) Good Job Mom! I love the pictures, especially the one of the girls. Cute!

Heidi said...

That is an awesome picture of the girls. I'd say frame worthy.

Kimmy said...

Those are beautiful pics. It looks like they had a lot of fun.