Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What does God say...

As we continue with our adoption, the following verses have helped and will continue to help. I came across these verses sometime ago and have saved them. I think I thought we'd be much further in the process by now. We are still working on raising the funds to start our home-study. Hopefully soon.  We know that all good things happen in God's time to those who trust in Him.

"Pray without ceasing…" 1Thessalonians 5:17.


On Adoption and Corporal Acts of Mercy

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me." Mathew 18:5

"…learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of fatherless, plead the case for the widow."
Isaiah 1:17

"A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families…"
Psalm 68:5-6a

"Vindicate the weak and the fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and destitute." Psalm 82:3

"I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, I was shivering and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you came to me…Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me---you did it to me.'" Mathew 25: 35-36, 40 (MSG)

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

On Taking Action

"Be doers of the word, and not hearers only…" James 1:22

"A man makes a plan in his heart, but God directs his path." Proverbs 16:9

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it." Proverbs 3:27

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear." 1 John 4:18

On God's Plan for Your Family

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power at work in us, to Him be the glory."
Ephesians 3:20

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west."
Isaiah 43:5

"Orphans get parents, the homeless get homes. The reign of terror is over; the rule of the gang lords is ended." Psalm 10:18 (MSG)

1 comment:

nancy said...

so true! there IS a biblical mandate for adoption....