Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter bunnies...

The kids got a little furry Easter surprise a day early. After Brynlee's soccer game we went out to Grandma and Grandpa R's for lunch. They had a surprise waiting for the kids. Oh my!  Were they surprised! 3 adorable 9 week old bunnies were waiting for them. The kids went nuts! Jumping, screaming (freaking poor bunnies out) and tears. I don't know if I've seen Kaelyn like that before, she couldn't form words she was so happy and her eyes welled up with tears of joy. She looked at me and said, "I'm crying because I'm happy." haha! Well I didn't think she was sad. Silly girl. 
Brynlee quickly said, "I'm naming mine Waffle!" She had the name all picked out. Well because truthfully the girls have been talking about getting a bunny for awhile now and maybe I've looked around on craigslist a time or two to see what was out there.  And we might have come across a funny looking bunny named Waffle that Brynlee saw a picture of and loved the name. haha! Just maybe that is why.  So Garret announced his was going to be called Fable as we were walking to the back yard with the cage so the kids could get them out and hold them. Kaelyn wasn't sure what to name her bunny and I said she didn't have to pick a name so fast and she could think about it.  Just then she decided if Bryn's was named Waffle maybe she'd call her bunny Pancake.  We really don't know how to take care of bunnies, so we are learning quickly. Kyle is going to build them a hutch when we get back from Florida. We are nuts...I know. So meet Waffle, Pancake and Fable.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

i had bunnies when i was little. jenny and of course thumper. the only thing i remember is that thumper took a big bite of my chest one day when i had a scratch and sniff shirt on!!! lol. you are becoming a regular animal shelter over there. enjoy your newest members.