Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ask. Seek. Knock.

Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives;
he who seeks finds;
and to him who knocks,
the door will be opened.
Matthew 7:7-8


So our adoption contract finally made it to us today. Yeah! We now have 30 days to read the contract, have it notarized, and return it with the first large sum of money. Yikes. And now the weight of it all it sets in. Remember my TRUST post...I'm still trusting. I'm still waiting. I know that God wants us to adopt this baby. This beautiful baby He has already chosen to be apart of our family. I can't wait to meet this special baby. Our baby is already loved, even though we have yet to see his/her face. We knew going into this that God was going to have to work in HUGE ways to make this adoption even possible, financially speaking. And we trust that He will. So we are anxiously awaiting Gods instructions to what comes next. We will ask. We will seek. We will knock.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Great post! I will keep you and your family in my prayers as you continue on this amazing adventure!

Jaimie said...

Thanks for posting on our blog! How exciting to see you begin your journey! It looks like you are adopting from Ethiopia? You know that has a SPECIAL place in my heart and ALWAYS excites me to see someone have a heart for the children there! Are you requesting a boy or girl? Baby or older child? If I can be of ANY help or encouragement at all, please DO NOT hesitate to contact me! I would LOVE to talk to you about our journey. WE just got 3 pics of our beautiful baby boy and couldn't be more excited! I am by no means a pro, but I would have loved if someone had been there for me to answer ? and encourage me when the road gets tough, so I would love to do that for you!
GOd BLess,
Jaimie Watson

Kimmy said...

This is so exciting! Deric and I are so thankful that there will be more adopted children in the family. We'll be in your shoes again. Dont know when, but like you said Trust the Lord he knows.